The Breckenridge-Frisco area of Colorado is world-famous for its beauty, outdoor recreation, and weather. It’s no surprise that tourists flock to the area and many of our residents are second homeowners. If you’re contemplating the purchase of a second home in Breckenridge or Frisco you’ve probably noticed the number of condos for sale. Many people are drawn to the lower price point that condos have when compared to single-family homes in the same area. What are some other advantages (and disadvantages) of purchasing a condo in Breckenridge or Frisco?
The Advantages of Purchasing a Condo
Aside from the price point, there are many reasons that someone might be well suited for condo living. And if you are shopping for a second home or vacation property some of the perks that come along with condo ownership could be the deciding factor for you.
- Very low maintenance – you may not have to worry about yard work or hiring someone to clean the pool.
- Less expensive to maintain – less square footage tends to mean less expensive maintenance.
- Increased security of having nearby owners and on-site management.
- Amenities like a gym, pool, tennis courts, and lounges are common in luxury condominium communities.
The Disadvantages of Purchasing a Condo
Owning a condo probably sounds pretty good right now, right? But there are some very significant differences between living in a condo and living in a single-family home. One or more of these could be deal breakers for some home buyers.
- HOA fees, rules, and regulations – some common rules regard quiet hours and pets. Less common rules can go so far as to dictate the length of your grass.
- Less space than a single-family home – oftentimes there are also shared walls with other units.
- Limited private outdoor space – most commonly a patio, deck, or small fenced yard is all you can expect.
- If you have several pets, condo-living can create some significant obstacles and would generally be a less desirable situation.
- Limited parking and storage.
Overall, condos aren’t any better or worse than other types of homes. But they’re not for everyone. A local, experienced real estate agent will be able to help you decide if this style of living – and a specific property – are right for you.
How Can I Help?
I hope that you’ve found this information on the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a condo informative. My goal is to provide my clients with relevant and up-to-date information that pertains to the local area and real estate topics.
If you want more information on what the Breckenridge-Frisco area Real Estate Market is like right now don’t hesitate to reach out. I can provide you with a detailed market report!
Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties